Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dogs and Sausages
 
 
It all started in the elevator in Widcombe House 4.  Caroline entered and we greeted each other.  She told me that Amber had called her about some stray dogs and they were going to see if they could catch them.  I offered to help.
 
Armed with sausages and Murphy, Amber's dog, off we went in search of the strays.  (Stray dogs are not tolerated well in Dubai and many of them automatically put down.)
 
We walked through dirt and sand talking about vet visits and sand mites.  I learned about the upcoming dog walk that K9 friends will be putting on. I found out that Christmas is a big event in Dubai. I heard about Murphy's adoption story and how his brother almost become part of the family, too.
 
After trudging through the sand which filled my shoes (yes, I've now learned not to wear open shoes when walking in fine sand) we finally arrived at the field where the dog(s) have been spotted.  We found a den area, but no dog.  Soon Murphy started going towards another dog.  It was the stray.  The 2 dogs greeted each other and frisked around.  Soon a third dog and another group of people arrived.  All of us were looking for the stray.
 
The stray was a beautiful tan color with a pointy ears and a bushy table.  The stray did not respond to any verbal cues.  He/She didn't even seem interested in us humans.  In fact it wanted to stay as far away from us as possible.  Every time we tried to move closer the stray moved away.  The stray finally squeezed through a fence and hid in some bushes.  Sadly the stray never got any sausage treats.
 
On the other hand Murphy was thinking more treats for me.  Yes, there was a purpose to chasing that stray dog away.  I'm the only one that can eat the sausages now.  I am a smart puppy just like my owners think that I am.  After all I can open the fridge door and get my own food.  Murphy you are puppy boy.
 
Our mission was not a total success.  We did get to see the stray.  Caroline got some pictures to post.  Other people are out trying to help the stray.  Murphy got his walk and extra sausages.  And the girls were able to bond.  Best of all I gained in new friend - Murphy.
 
I would say the time was well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment